Thursday, January 28, 2010

I LOVE NEW YORK!

new york dolls vogue april 2009I've been missing N.Y.C. lately and thought it would be therapeutic to blog about it. I found this awesome photo shoot called "New York Dolls"from a 2009 Vogue and was totally inspired! I broke out my Trash & Vaudeville shirt (pictured below) and started to make tentative plans to journey back to the city. :)

If you're not familiar with Trash and Vaudeville, it's probably the most awesome store in Manhattan...next to Pat Field's, of course! They have been around since forever and carry a huge selection of punk T-shirts, hard to find shoes, and rock-n-roll fashion like Lipp Service and L.A.M.B.

After a massive shopping session at "Trash", I always venture over to The Yaffa Cafe for a nice glass of wine and a delicious meal. Yaffa is also located on St. Marks Place and is open 24hrs. Great for those late night meals after the clubs and you'll always find a wide variety of people from hipsters to drag queens!

If you make it to the big apple and want to do something out of the ordinary, I highly recommend a visit to these fabulous places. You won't be disappointed! :)

Love All Around,
Cara Mia ♥


new york dolls vogue april 200980s fashionretro 1980's fashionnew york dolls vogue april 2009new york dolls vogue april 2009new york dolls photo shootnew york dolls vogue april 2009fierce 80's fashionnew york dolls vogue april 2009new york dolls vogue april 2009new york dolls vogue april 2009new york dolls vogue april 200980's fashion in voguenew york dolls vogue april 2009
trash & vaudevilletrash & vaudeville n.y.c.trash & vaudeville manhattantrash & vaudevilleyaffa cafe n.y.c.yaffa cafe n.y.c.yaffa cafe n.y.c.east village yaffa cafe
If you enjoyed this post Re-Tweet and share here

5 comments:

  1. I <3 Trash && Vaudvile.
    My boy friend lives right on Ave. C && 10th.
    By Tompkins Square Park.
    I'm always begging to go in there.
    And to Search && Destroy.
    TOP FAV PLACES TO GO FOR NEAT FINDS FOR SURE!!!

    I also like Beacons Closet in Brooklyn for good Vintage finds and Designer labels for less.
    Just a little bit of advice for next time your up here!!

    And we should totally chill out next time your here!!
    I'm only an email away!!!!

    Peace Love && Lipstick
    XOXOXO
    JordanMayTwigs
    <3

    www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a dream shop, I'd love to buy creepers impossible to find here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to NY really soon keep up with my fashion travels
    http://pinacoladakisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pics, darling!
    I looooooove NYC!
    Will have to check out Yaffa Cafe next time I am in the city!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to remember that when the boy and I go to NY this year!

    ReplyDelete